As healthcare providers, our only priority is your health & wellbeing. Unfortunately when providing face-to-face consultations, we cannot eliminate all risk. We ask all patients to show care for each other, and your osteopaths, and stay at home if you are at all feeling unwell.
Listed below are the efforts our osteopaths have implemented to reduce the risk of viral transmission within our clinics:
- Screening of all patients prior to their appointment asking about their health, any symptoms they may have (fever, cough etc), their exposures and risks.
- Requesting all patients wash hands on arrival – your osteopath is already doing this, and they will show you to the relevant sinks
- Providing hand sanitiser at reception and in the treatment rooms
- Removal of linen that may hold onto viral particles – bare vinyl unfortunately, plus paper towel and other disposable face hole covers. **Feel free to bring your own towel for comfort if you wish!
Scheduling additional time between patients to allow for cleaning and sanitising of ALL surfaces in the treatment room and around reception / waiting area (treatment table, desks, computer equipment, door handles, payment terminals etc)
- Having additional time between patients also reduces cross over in waiting rooms – you won’t have to sit and wait in a shared space, you’ll go straight in and straight out from your appointment.
- Not requiring you to sign receipts, and prefer contactless payment methods. Gloves can be provided if you wish.
We do have surgical masks available. Your Osteopath may chose to wear one during the consultation – this will not necessarily protect them from you, but it will protect you from them and their droplets.
If you have any concerns at all please do not hesitate to call us and discuss prior to your appointment.
These have been launched as of 28/3/2020 and allow us to conduct video consultations whereby we can discuss, assess, and provide all of the advice you would normally receive from your osteopath. We can provide exercise programs, implement treatment plans and self-management strategies, everything except the hands-on work (but we can teach you ways to do that yourself too!)